EPF Passbook | Downloading EPF Passbook | EPF Passbook: Member Login & Download UAN | EPF Passbook Download | EPF Passbook | EPF Balance Check | EPFO Login and Download
Dear readers, every employee must have an EPF account. Every provident fund managing employee has a UAN number. In today’s article we will inform you about the method to check EPF balance and also how to access EPF Passbook online. For that Download EPF Passbook Online you have to read our article till the end.
EPF passbook is a document that contains all the contributions made by the employee as well as the employer to the EPF and EPS account. Details of all monthly contributions as well as interest accrued in the beneficiary’s account are listed in the EPF passbook. It may be noted that if you have multiple EPF accounts, you will have a separate passbook for each account which can be accessed using a specific member ID after logging into the account.
However, you have to register your UAN (Universal Account Number) on the official EPFO website to access your EPF passbook. To know more about How to Download EPF Passbook Online and other ways to check account balance, read the article till the end.
Details of Download EPF Passbook Online
|Name of Article||How to Download EPF Passbook Online|
|EPF balance check SMS Number||7738299899|
|EPF balance check Missed call Number||011-22901406|
|EPF Interest rate||8.10%|
How To Downloading EPF Passbook Online
Members of EPFO can download and print their EPF passbook online. This service can be availed through EPF website. Let’s see how an employee can download e-passbook from EPF portal which is https://passbook.epfindia.gov.in/MemberPassBook/Login
How To Download EPF Member Passbook Using UMANG App
To download your EPF passbook using UMANG app, just follow the steps below.
- Download UMANG App from Google Play Store or App Store.
- Select EPFO option under All Services tab.
- Under Employee Centric Service, click on View Passbook.
- Enter your UAN to receive OTP on your registered mobile number.
- To proceed, enter the received OTP
- You will get member ID of all EPF accounts linked with your UAN. Click on EPF Member ID to view and download EPF Passbook.
An employee’s EPF passbook contains the following details.
- Establishment ID and Company Name (Employer)
- Member ID and Member Name (Employee)
- Name of EPFO office and its type
- Share of employee and employer in contribution
- Monthly depository and withdrawal contribution of employee and employer
- Monthly contribution to employee’s pension account
- The date and time of printing the passbook is also indicated at the end of the statement
How Is Your Passbook Updated?
The EPF passbook is updated by the EPFO as soon as the contribution is made to the employee’s account. However, the date is not mentioned in the passbook. It includes the month and year in which the contribution is made. If you do not get your EPF passbook update, it is advised that you wait for a few days and log into the portal again to get the updated passbook.
The employer contributes 8.33% of the employee’s basic pay and dearness allowance to the employee’s EPS account every month. If this salary of the employee is around Rs. 15,000 then Rs. 1,250 to employee’s EPS account. Pension contribution accrues. The pension contribution can be seen in the last column of the EPF passbook.
Other Way To Check Your EPF Account Balance
EPF Account Balance can be checked in different ways. Which are as follows.
Check EPF balance via SMS
To know your EPF account balance via SMS just type EPFOHO UAN ENG and send an SMS to 7738299899 from your registered mobile number. Note that ENG stands for English. You can get your account balance in ten different local languages.
EPF Balance Check by Missed Call
You can also check your EPF balance using your mobile number. To know your EPF account balance through missed call, just dial 011-22901406 from your registered mobile number.
Benefits of EPFO e-Passbook
Following are the benefits of EPFO e-passbook.
- EPFO e-passbook can be accessed anytime-anywhere through EPFO website or UMANG app.
- UAN is required to access e-passbook. EPF documents can be used to prepare for retirement and verify payment information at the employer’s end.
- In case of error, the e-passbook can be used to validate the information and correct it.
- In case of change in occupation, EPF members (employers) can update their e-passbook from the portal. The e-passbook acts as a permanent record of EPF contributions.