Subsidy on chemical fertilizers is provided by the central government to help farmers across the country. But now a problem has arisen in front of the government that chemical fertilizers are being used a lot by the farmers. Due to which the subsidy burden on the central government is increasing. To solve this problem, the central government is considering starting a scheme. PM PRANAM Yojana stands for PM Promotion of Alternative Nutrition for Agriculture Management Scheme. The basic objective of PM Pranam Yojana is to reduce the subsidy burden on chemical fertilizers. If you are a farmer then you must read this article of ours till the bottom. Because we will tell you that what will be the benefit of the Central Government as well as the farmer brothers of the country from PM PRANAM Yojana?
PM PRANAM Yojana 2022
PM PRANAM Yojana is being started by the central government to reduce the increasing subsidy burden on chemical fertilizers. Because the subsidy burden on the government is expected to be Rs 2.25 lakh crore in 2022-23. This will be 39% higher than last year’s figures. According to a report in ‘Indian Express’, no separate budget will be earmarked for PM Pranam Yojana. It will be funded from savings of existing fertilizer subsidies under schemes run by the Department of Fertilizers. 50% of the subsidy savings will be given as grants to the money-saving states. Out of which 70% of this State Government grant will be used for technology adoption and alternatively asset creation to alternative fertilizer production units at village, block, and district level and the remaining 30% will be utilized for those farmers, Panchayats, Farmer Producer Organizations and farmers. To reward and encourage Self Help Groups which will be involved in reducing the use of fertilizers and creating awareness.
Highlights of PM PRANAM Yojana 2022
|Name of the proposed scheme||PM Pranam Yojana|
|Started by||central government|
|Objective||To reduce the subsidy burden of increasing chemical fertilizers on the Central Government|
|Beneficiary||central government and farmers brothers of the country|
|Concerned Department||Department of Fertilizers|
Purpose of PM Pranam Yojana
The main objective of PM PRANAM Yojana is to reduce the burden of increasing chemical fertilizer subsidy on the central government. Because every year the demand for chemical fertilizers is increasing by the farmers. In such a situation, the burden of subsidy on the central government is increasing every year. According to official data, the government had allocated Rs 79530 crore as chemical fertilizer subsidy in the Union Budget 2021-22, which has increased to Rs 1.40 lakh crore in the revised estimate and the final figure will touch Rs 1.62 lakh crore in 2021-22. has gone. In 2022-23, the government has kept a budget of Rs 1.05 lakh crore. But the Fertilizer Minister said that this year the subsidy figure may cross Rs 2.25 lakh crore.
Now this figure will increase every year like this. Because chemical fertilizers are being used in large quantities by the farmer brothers all over the country. Therefore, the central government has considered starting the PM Pranam Yojana. Through this scheme, the burden of increasing chemical fertilizer subsidy on the government will be reduced.
Implementation of PM PRANAM Yojana
- No separate budget will be earmarked for PM Pranam Yojana, it will be financed from existing fertilizer subsidy savings under the schemes run by the Department of Fertilizers.
- 50% of the existing fertilizer subsidy savings by the Central Government will be given as a grant to the State Governments.
- 70 per cent of the grant by the state government will be used for technology adoption and alternatively for asset creation to alternative fertilizer production units at village, block, and district levels.
- The remaining 30 percent subsidy will be given by the state government to award and encourage farmers, panchayats, farmer producer organizations and self-help groups who will be involved in the work of reducing fertilizer use and creating awareness.
Benefits and Features of PM PRANAM Yojana
- The direct benefit of PM Promotion of Alternative Nutrition for Agriculture Management Scheme will be given to the central government as well as to the farmer brothers.
- The increasing subsidy burden on chemical fertilizers will be reduced through this scheme.
- The subsidy burden is expected to be Rs 2.25 lakh crore in 2022-23, which will be 39% higher than last year’s figure.
- The use of chemical fertilizers by farmers is increasing all over the country. To reduce this use and reduce the burden of subsidy, the scheme is being considered to launch.
- Under PM PRANAM Yojana, the central government will give grants to the state governments for asset creation related to technology adoption of alternative fertilizers and alternative fertilizer production units at village, block, district level.
- This grant will be financed from the savings of existing fertilizer subsidies under schemes run by the Department of Fertilizers.
- According to the report, top officials of the Union Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers, who have taken up this scheme, have shared the information about the proposed scheme with the state government officials during the National Conference on Agriculture for the Rabi campaign held on 7th September.